How I Survived My Mother’s Wickedness – Popular Gospel Singer Alex Reveals

Sunday 29 November 2015

AFRICA 1
His story is laced with sadness and joy. As he recounts it, one is left speechless. Though he has overcome the trauma with the passage of time, yet he has not totally erased the bad memories from his mind.

As a child of circumstance, top gospel musician, Alex Apoko, will forever be haunted by the memories of his ugly past. Unlike many young people today who would want to look back at their childhood and will be full of nostalgia, wishing to return to those days of innocence and pampering, Alex does not feel the same way.

The reason is not far-fetched; his childhood was that of nightmares, grief and despair…


In a recent encounter with Vanguard, in Nairobi, Kenya, the talented gospel singer recounted how he never enjoyed the love and care usually accorded most newborn babies by their parents.

According to Ringtone, as he is fondly called by his fans back in Kenya, as a newborn baby, his mother dumped him at the doorstep of a bar along one of the popular streets in Nairobi called Tom Mboya Street, which was frequently visited by his father. Unfortunately, his father did not visit the place that fateful night. But his uncle who did, recognized the baby’s wrappings and took him to his paternal grandmother who took him in and brought him up like one of her own.


Today, 26-year-old Ringtone, is not only one of the richest singers in Kenya,he is equally, one of the most-sought-after gospel artistes that dine and wine with the high and the mighty in that country.

He’s currently living a flashy lifestyle that has continued to startle those who are familiar with his story. But it has not been an easy journey for Ringtone.

“I was thrown into the street by my own mother. I was raised by my grandmother who turned her place into a small brewery so that I could get something to eat. When I was five years my dad passed away before I could meet him. But my grandmother’s passing away two years later marked the beginning of the darkest period of my life. My uncles took me in and for the first time I slept in the cold and went through a lot of hardships. Eventually, I ran away and the street was my home, ” he began.

Narrating further, Ringtone said,”One of my aunts asked me to live with her, promising she would treat me the way my grandmother had. She promised me tea and bread, food which she knew I loved and couldn’t find on the street. From one relative to another. It was misery. But God has helped me. I was taken to school by a church but now, God has given me a name. I am known across East Africa today.”


Share on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2018 EPLTRENDS NEWS BLOG
| Design By EPL TRENDS