Official done deal- Chelsea complete transfer of solid rock center back [Photo]

Thursday 28 June 2018

Chelsea have officially confirmed a season-long loan deal for youngster Trevor Chalobah to Ipswich.

The 18-year-old centre-back becomes Paul Hurst’s first signing since becoming manager at Portman Road.

Chalobah who joined Chelsea at age nine has been a key figure for the club’s youth team, he has been shipped out on loan to gain more experience and game time.
ALSO READ: CHELSEA SET TO MAKE THREE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK
Hurst said: “He’s at an age where people might question him as he’s a bit young.


“There will be demands put on him that he might not have encountered in the past but from speaking to him I know he’s hungry to succeed.

“I like players who maybe have a little bit of something to prove and in Trevor’s case, he’s got a lot to prove. There’s a lot of good publicity around him in terms of potential but he understands, and he wants to go out and deliver.”

Chalobah believes Championship side Ipswich offers him an opportunity to develop.

“I’m delighted to be here,” Trevor told the Club website.

“It’s my first loan and I’m really excited. It’s a great club and I’m ready for the season already.

“It’s important for me, being a young age, that I come here to learn and grow as a player as the year goes on.

ALSO READ: ALMOST DONE: Maurizio Sarri’s shocking 5-2-3 possible lineup next season for Chelsea

“It will be good to get to know the boys in pre-season and Luke Chambers has already brought me into the group so I can’t wait to get going.”

THINK IT IS IMPORTANT? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!


Share on :

1 comment:

  1. Rubish, They'Ve Started Signing stupid players again

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2018 EPLTRENDS NEWS BLOG
| Design By EPL TRENDS